Cashback Bonus Overview
We all love a good win at the casino, but we also know our winning streaks can be tainted by a few losses here and there. What we can do to minimise these blows is to make use of the cashback bonuses that may be offered by the online casino.
Read on to discover what a cashback bonus is, whether any restrictions may apply, all the pros and cons, and most importantly how to redeem one.
Top Casinos with a Cashback Bonus (2021)
|1||21.com Read Review||€1000 Deposit Bonuses & 1000 Free Spins||To the Casino|
|2||Casumo Read Review||100% bonus up to €300 and 20 free spins||To the Casino|
|3||Betway Read Review||100% match bonus and free bets||To the Casino|
|4||ComeOn Read Review||100% match up to €25||To the Casino|
|5||Royal Panda Read Review||100% Deposit Bonus up to €1,000||To the Casino|
|6||LeoVegas Read Review||Match bonuses on first four deposits up to €400||To the Casino|
|7||Nitro Casino Read Review||Daily Promotions, deposit bonuses, and free spins||To the Casino|
|8||Parimatch Read Review||150% Match up to €1,500||To the Casino|
|9||Ultra Casino Read Review||Daily first deposit bonus||To the Casino|
|10||Wheelz Read Review||20 No deposit Free Spins + 100% Bonus up to 300€ & 100 Free Spins||To the Casino|
Get Up To 20% Cashback on Your Losses
Generally speaking, casinos offer a rebate between 5-20% on the player’s net losses; however, you might be lucky enough to find offers with a higher percent cashback – so stay on the lookout for any promotions!
An online casino may offer daily, weekly, monthly, or even seasonal cashback bonuses.
These can usually be added to any other bonus the player might also have available such as free spins or no deposit – which can boost your chances of success even more!
We have explained in theory how a cashback bonus works, but have not seen it in action yet.
Let’s see a concrete example:
Example: the online casino you are playing at is offering a 10% daily cashback on any losses incurred.
You bet and lose €100.
The casino will therefore give you back €10.
Now, the way the bonus is accredited is dependent on the casino, which brings us to our next topic.
Types of Cashback Casino Bonus
Generally speaking, there are two different kinds of cashback bonuses:
- Automatic: where the player is accredited the cashback straight into their casino account in an automated manner.
- Manual: where the player needs to directly contact the cashier to redeem their bonus.
Depending on the casino, you might encounter either of the above. What is most important is that you are aware of what you are entitled to, and how often.
As you journey through gambling offers, you may also come across the following:
- Cashback Welcome Bonus
Just like the name implies, you may be awarded a cashback as a welcome bonus.
As a token of thanks, online casinos offer cashback bonuses as part of the welcome package for when a player signs up to their website.
Usually, you qualify for it after losing your initial deposit, and receive a rebate upon your first (and even sometimes second) loss.
- Bonuses for Existing Customers
Cashback bonuses are not exclusive to newcomers: they are in fact offered to existing players quite often as well.
The promotion can take place on a specific title game, on live casino, or on a type of game such as only slots.
- VIP Programs
The most loyal customers can work their way up to VIP status by accumulating loyalty points.
Once unlocked, you will be rewarded with different perks such as cashback bonuses on your net losses.
- Cashbacks + Free Spins
This dynamic duo is the best on the block. By pairing free spins with a cashback, you can enjoy trying out a new slot minus the risk of losing your entire bet. With a clear distinction of the kinds of cashback bonuses a player may come across, it is time to analyse just how profitable a cashback bonus can be.
Pros & Cons of a Cashback Bonus
A cashback is a handy bonus to make use of for both neophytes and more advanced players.
For those starting out, it represents a nifty way to ease into the gambling pool, whilst veterans will already know how helpful these offers can be when Lady Luck is not really looking your way.
Let’s see what the overall advantages and disadvantages are of no deposit bonuses:
PROS of Cashback Bonus
|CONS of Cashback Bonus|
Win back cash on your losses
|% depends on casino|
Low or no wagering requirements on real money
Can be added on top of other bonuses
Time limit on offer
Perfect for high rollers
Some payment methods may be excluded
Available to veteran players
Available to new players
Both pros and cons can work in your favour if you know exactly how they work and what your play strategy will be.
A deep dive into each will help you fully understand how you can leverage each aspect of a cashback casino bonus. Let’s analyse them together:
Pros of Free Deposit Bonus
- Win back cash on your losses: just like the name suggests, you can get cash back straight into your casino account. This happens in case of any losses on your part, and if you have followed all guidelines set out in the casino’s T&Cs.
You will be rewarded with whatever you made your bet with – so either casino credit, fiat money, crypto etc.
- No wagering requirements on real money: whilst the majority of percentage match bonuses do come with wagering requirements, cashback bonuses’ are often minimal or close to none. You then gain an opportunity at simply withdrawing the rebate without playing anymore if you don’t feel like it, or otherwise continuing without being locked in should you hit a big win.
- Can be added on top of other bonuses: you heard it right, cashbacks can be stacked upon other bonuses such as free spins. Not only are they very lucrative on their own, but you can cache other bonuses to make your casino stay even more lucrative.
- Perfect for high rollers: the more you lose, the more you win back. This is a very simple concept which high rollers know well, and like to take advantage of: when you play with high stakes, your cashback will be higher.
- Available to veteran players: casino cashback bonuses are some of the most commonly offered bonuses out there. They can be encountered in a number of ways such as through email marketing, seasonal promotions and so on. Existing customers will often come across them as they keep on playing.
- Available to new players: the beauty of cashback bonuses offered by online casinos is that they are up for grabs straight off the bat. New players can access a cashback bonus as a reward for simply signing up to an online casino. This bonus is easy to use for beginners as it automatically gives you your money back if you were to lose any initial round, granting you the possibility of getting a feel of how the casino is and works with minimal risk.
Cons of Free Deposit Bonuses
- % depended on casino: whilst the majority of casinos do offer this brilliant bonus, they do not all offer the same percentage of cashback. In a perfect world they would all give 100% cashback, but we know too well that is a rare gem to find; lucky for you, 20% cashbacks are often found. Be sure to check the terms and conditions to see just how much you can get paid on the total losses you may incur.
- Cashout limits: another limitation a player may be subject to is a cap on the amount of cashout they can receive. This means that if the T&Cs report a max cap of €200 and you win big, say, €1,500, then you are still only allowed to be rewarded a total of €200.
- Time limit on offer: cashback bonuses may also be subject to a time limit. If you don’t make use of the bonus within the deadline, you will lose it.
- Some payment methods may be excluded: although more and more payment methods are being accepted worldwide by online casinos, some of them may still not yet be accepted. For example, Skrill and Neteller are names that are not always accepted.
After reading the above, you might be wondering whether your favourite casino offers a good cashback bonus, or whether you might be inadvertently picking one with a few caveats you are not aware of.
This is where our next section comes in handy: we will cover the general terms and conditions of cashback casino bonuses for you so you can properly assess and enjoy with peace of mind any future offers you may happen upon.
Read on to learn more about the T&Cs that usually apply to online casino cashback bonuses.
Frequently asked questions about Cashback Bonus
What is a Cashback Bonus?
A cashback bonus is essentially a rebate on the losses the player might have suffered, usually set at a certain percentage of the net losses.
How can I redeem a cashback bonus on an online casino?
Firstly, one must check what online casinos offer such bonus. We recommend you check out our toplist at the beginning of the page where you can find the best casino cashback offers.
Secondly, you must sign up to the selected casino.
Cashbacks are popular bonuses offered to first-time users, but are often given out to veteran players as well.
Thirdly, check the terms and conditions of the cashback bonus the online casino is offering. Be certain to understand all requirements, as these vary from provider to provider.
If you follow all T&Cs, you will be able to redeem your cashback bonus in case you were to lose a round.
Do cashback bonuses have limitations?
There might be certain limitations on a cashback bonus depending on the casino.
You might have to wager a certain number of times before being able to claim it, or you may have a maximum amount of credit given back to you no matter the win.
Providers promote these bonuses at their discretion, which is why we highly encourage you to read through their cashback bonus terms and conditions (T&Cs).
Is a cashback bonus giving me back real money?
A cash back bonus gives you back exactly what you wagered.
If you deposited in fiat currency, then you are awarded back fiat currency; if you bet crypto, you are given back crypto; and if you purchased casino credit in your account’s name, then you will be given back a portion of your losses as such.
What is a wagering requirement?
A wagering requirement, also known as “playthrough”, is the amount of money you have to wager before you can withdraw any winnings that you might have made during the use of the cashback bonus.
Let’s say you get a €10 bonus with a wagering requirement being x5.
Multiply €10 x 5 and the total will be the amount you need to wager before you can withdraw anything you won with that €10 bonus.
I lost at blackjack, am I entitled to a cashback?
This depends on the operator. If the casino cashback bonus encompasses the game you played, then in theory you can. However, to be on the safe side we suggest you read through the terms and conditions as they usually list all games that fall under the casino’s cashback bonus.
I was given a €20 cashback bonus on my player account. Can I withdraw it or send it to my bank account?
No, you cannot. Though it is free real money given to you by the operator, you are only allowed to spend it at the casino itself.
Terms and Conditions of Cashback Bonuses (T&Cs)
Cashback bonuses can be a very profitable way of playing at online casinos, awarding players with further chances of betting in case they were to lose a round or two.
What is most important to note is, as mentioned, that each casino reports different terms and conditions to their promotions. Though similar in nature, cashback bonuses come in different shapes and forms, so you would be wise to thoroughly check through any limitations there may be before betting.
- Do not abuse the system: first and foremost, abide by the rules and do not try to cheat the system into giving you more bonuses than you are owed.
If you were to create multiple accounts in order to claim more bonuses, the online casino will know and will most definitely take action against you, even banning you for life.
- Wagering requirements: most often than not, there will be no wagering requirements on a cashback bonus; however, some promotions may come with wagering requirements attached.
Before being able to cash your money back in case of a loss, you might have to wager a certain amount of times. These completely depend on the online casino you are playing at, so make sure to double check what they may be.
- Cashout cap: just like with wagering, there may be a clause on the maximum amount of rebate you are entitled to. Different casinos will have different limitations, if any, so definitely look through the T&Cs to check if that may be the case for you.
For example, you may receive a 30% cashback, but up to a maximum of €2,000. When you lose €12,000 you don’t receive 30% of €12,000 – you receive the maximum cashback of €2,000.
- Timed promotion: cashback bonuses can be subject to time limitations, mainly in order for them not to be used and abused.
Though a bonus can only be used within one week from signing up, for example, there will always be more on the horizon for you to enjoy.
- Minimum deposit: you could be required to deposit a minimum amount on your bets, meaning that you cannot avail of the cashback bonus if you deposit less than the stated amount.
As an example, the terms and conditions of a certain online casino may state that the minimum deposit is €50. If you deposit €30, you will not be eligible for a cashback in case of loss.
In principle, the above are the main T&Cs you could encounter when playing at an online casino with cashback bonuses.
We do, however, encourage you to read carefully through the fine print in order to gauge a proper idea of what rules you must follow in order to successfully win back your lost money.
Wagering Requirements for Cashback Bonuses
We briefly touched upon wagering requirements that may be listed for certain cashback bonuses. We can further explore these and round up the sums by dividing them into two categories:
No wagering requirements: these are the most common, lucky for you!
The name is a dead giveaway, but just to be sure we will remind you that this means you do not have to follow any specific requirements to the wagering you must make.
Low or high wagering requirements: cashback bonuses might rarely require you to make a minimum number of wagers in order to be allowed to secure that cashback bonus.
Whichever wagering requirement the online casino asks for, ensure you remain mindful of it and comply with it fully.
Should you not follow the online casino’s guidelines, you very well might be refused the cashback bonus until you fulfill them.
All information pertaining requirements can be found in the online casino’s terms and conditions (or T&Cs for short). We know you would rather not fine-comb your way through them, but trust us, you do not want to find unsavoury surprises along the way.
At this point you have learnt all you need to make a bet and leverage a cashback bonus – but how exactly do you go about claiming it?
Lucky for you, we’ve got you covered. Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
How to Claim a Cashback Bonus Step by Step
Okay, we are now at the crucial part of our cashback bonus review: how to actually claim it.
After having gone through the process of reading the T&Cs, signing up to the casino, and making sure to comply with all rules, you have tried your luck and have lost your initial bet.
The online casino you are playing at may either use an automated method or a manual one to follow up on any cashback bonus.
In case of an automated method:
- Choose a casino of your liking – we suggest picking one on our list so you can be sure it is safe, licensed, and most of all great fun.
- Create an account by inserting your real details. Remember: do not create multiple accounts or you might be banned!
- Read through the T&Cs with maximum attention so you can remain mindful of the limitations (if any) you may have.
- Make a bet when playing a game that falls under the list of accepted ones by the provider. Put down the minimum amount, and wager the number of times requested (again, if any).
- Hold on tight to your seat as the results come out! Successful or not, you are still technically a winner!
- If everything falls into place, then you will see your casino credit go back up.
- Enjoy your cashback in any of your preferred manners.
On the other hand, if the online casino uses a manual method, follow the same instructions as above, up to the point of claiming your cashback.
At this point, you will have to:
- Contact the casino’s customer support via their preferred method (chat, phone, or email).
- Explain the situation thoroughly, providing the support agent with any information they may need.
- Allow the online casino time to process the request.
- Once the processing time has elapsed, you will see your casino credit increment.
Different online casinos will have different contact channels and processing times.
Chase the casino only after the processing time is overdue; your insistence will not quicken the process – if anything, it might earn a strike to your account.
The procedure of gaining a cashback bonus at an online casino is pretty straightforward; however, remember to only gamble at legitimate and trusted ones. If you are having a hard time finding a good casino to try out a cashback bonus at, take a look at our toplist where you will find the best casinos for cashback bonuses.
Casino Bonus Comparison Table
We have explored at length what a casino cashback is, how it works, and what the advantages and disadvantages are. But how does it stack up against other bonuses?
Here is a comprehensive table of all casino bonuses for you:
|Cashback||No deposit||Free Spins|
|Available to||New & experienced players||Usually on signup||New & experienced|
|Wagering limits||Usually not||Yes||Usually not|
|Risk||Very low||Very low||None|
|Stacked on other bonuses||Yes||Usually not||Yes|
|Cash cap||Usually not||Yes||Yes|
So, which bonus is the best for you? Still not sure? We suggest you read through our Frequently Asked Questions where any further doubts you may have will certainly be covered.