Online Casino Guide
The gaming landscape is becoming increasingly tricky to navigate due to the massive volume of options available at players’ fingertips. That’s where we come in. Luckily, you don’t have to spend hours searching for the best online casinos because we are doing the groundwork for you.
Honest Ratings of Online Casinos
SPCasino.com is a global organisation operating in a multi-billion Euro industry. Our gambling experts are located in major cities around the world. We specialise in the best online casinos in dozens of international markets.
Here are some factors to consider when gambling at the best online casinos in specific countries:
- United Kingdom: The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) issues licences to gambling platforms and regulates online gambling to protect British players. The UKCG offers guides for safe online gambling at the best online casinos.
- Canada: Online casinos that operate from within Canada must hold a valid licence even though Canadian players aren’t restricted to play at these casinos. Various authorities, such as the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, license and regulate Canadian online gambling platforms.
- India: Gambling laws and regulatory authorities differ across India. Online gambling at offshore casinos is accepted in many parts of the country. There are no federal laws that prohibit international online casinos from accepting Indian players.
- New Zealand: The New Zealand Gambling Commission issues licences to online casinos operating from within the country’s borders. Many NZ players gamble remotely at licensed offshore betting sites and the best online casinos.
- Australia: Online gambling is legal in Australia. Players are encouraged to be vigilant when selecting platforms that aren’t endorsed by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). Fortunately, the best online casinos are fully licensed and reliable. These casinos support fair gaming and offer players numerous protections against fraud.
- Germany: Online casinos are popular and gamblers tend to play at safe international casino sites. It’s not possible to operate online casinos from within the country, however, the German Interstate Treaty on Gambling (ISTG 2021) coming into effect will give players access to many online casinos and sports betting platforms that were previously beyond their reach.
- Sweden: Online gambling makes up more than 50% of the gambling market in Sweden. The Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA) regulates the Swedish gambling market to ensure safe and reliable gambling at the best online casinos.
- Finland: Many top online casinos cater to Finnish players. Authorities prohibit unlicensed gambling platforms from offering their services to Finnish players but there are no laws that ban players from placing real money wagers at online casinos.
- Norway: Legislation prohibits unlicensed online gambling platforms from operating in Norway. The Norwegian Gaming Authority is the national regulator that issues licences, however, the gambling activities of residents are not closely monitored and the laws are not strictly enforced.
- Denmark: Online gambling is legal in Denmark where many of the best online casinos are granted licences to operate in the country. Players are responsible for keeping tabs on their winnings for income tax purposes while the Danish Gambling Authority (DGA) collects tax from licensed operators.
- South Africa: Any decisions made by the National Gambling Board (NGB) that prohibit online gambling are designed to penalise unlicensed online casinos, not players. The online casino industry is prospering in SA, where players enjoy the best online casinos and poker sites – both offshore and domestic.
- Thailand: Gambling is widespread in Thailand though it is illegal to gamble on most things besides the official national lottery. Gambling at the best online casinos is safer than gambling at land-based venues as there’s less risk of getting penalised.
- Japan: It is illegal for players to gamble for real money at land-based venues, although online gambling in Japan is an unregulated market. Players who enjoy casino slots and table games gamble remotely at the best online casinos hosted offshore.
- Spain: Most forms of gambling are regulated in Spain, except fantasy betting and games of skill. The Directorate General for the Regulation of Gambling (DGOJ) issues licences for legal online casinos operating within the country.
- European Union: Each EU country is responsible for regulating its laws relating to online gambling. Playing at the best online casinos is a mainstream form of entertainment for many people. The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), one of the foremost online casino licensing agencies in the world, is situated in Malta. European players have plenty of licensed international betting sites to choose from.
- Asia: Gambling laws vary across Asia. In some jurisdictions, online gambling is allowed while it is restricted in other areas. Since authorities refrain from licensing online casinos in many regions, players commonly play at the best online casinos that are licensed by international authorities.
- USA: Gambling is legal in the US from a federal standpoint, which means that each state is accountable to create its land-based and online gambling regulations. Several states including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia, have completely legalized and regulated online gambling. Many other states are in the process of doing so.
- International: SPCasinos.com is a trusted, international gateway to the best online casinos. Our multinational team focuses on legal domestic and offshore remote gaming for residents of all countries.
At SPCasinos.com, we aim to maintain the most dependable directory for licensed online gambling sites so that players have a single reference point they can count on. Our thorough reviews and honest ratings are trusted by players from around the globe.
You can be sure to find current information on the latest games, bonuses, and region-specific iGaming developments here.
Games of chance come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Some have varying degrees of strategy that can be taken advantage of to gain a slight edge, while other games offer gamblers the thrill of pure luck. Make certain you check out our game guides for in-depth analyses of different types of games found at the best online casinos.
Here’s an overview of the most popular games on the planet:
- Video Slots – Slots are undoubtedly the most popular games at the best online casinos. Video slots are growing in popularity at a rapid pace thanks to technological innovations that allow slot developers to incorporate new features and exciting game mechanics. Popular video slots include Gonzo’s Quest, Book of Dead, and Starburst.
- Classic Slots – These slots typically have a classic casino theme. They include fruity characters and other familiar symbols such as bells, stars, and single, double, and triple bars. Classic slots typically award a jackpot prize when players land three Scatter symbols, or three top-paying symbols, on a payline.
- Roulette – The most popular game in the gambling capital of the world; roulette is equally as popular at the best online casinos as it is in Las Vegas. In this table game, the dealer spins a wheel that determines the winning outcome. Players can bet on numbers, a range of numbers, and colours: red or black.
- Blackjack – The aim of this card game is to collect cards with a higher total value than the dealer without exceeding 21. If you go over 21, your hand is bust and you lose your bet. Picture cards have a value of 10, Aces have a value of one or 11, and all other cards have face value.
- Poker – This card game comes in many varieties. Texas Hold’em is a well-known version where players compete for the best hand. If you don’t have a good hand you can bluff while raising your bet in the hopes that other players will fold. The best online casinos regularly hold poker tournaments that attract professional poker players from all over the world.
- Baccarat – Players can bet on different outcomes in the game of Baccarat. The dealer deals cards and the hand with the highest value is the winning hand. Numbered cards have face values and picture cards are worth zero. Punto Banco is a simplified version of Baccarat that is found at many of the best online casinos.
- Craps – Possibly the most well-known casino dice game of all time. In craps, players must predict and bet on the outcome of the roll of two dice. Players take turns to be the shooter, which adds to the excitement of the game. When a shooter rolls a seven, the next player becomes the shooter.
- Bingo – Players can purchase one or many bingo cards for entry into the game. The rules of the game differ depending on the version of Bingo being played. In general, a bingo card has a set of numbers. Players mark off the numbers as they are called out during the game. The first player to mark all the numbers on their card wins the Bingo jackpot. There are also prizes for players who mark off an entire vertical, horizontal, or diagonal row.
- Live Casino Games – Live games are streamed from state-of-the-art studios using cutting-edge technology. Players can bet on the games in real-time while interacting with the dealers and other players using the live chat functionality. At the best online casinos, players can view the tables and games from various angles.
- Dual Play Live Games – These are similar to live games but they are streamed from land-based casino venues. Online players can log in from their computers or mobile devices and play the games alongside players that are physically at the casino. Players can experience the atmosphere of real casino venues from anywhere in the world.
- Game Shows – The best online casinos offer a range of real money game shows hosted by real people and streamed from live studios. Game shows include money wheel games and board games such as Mega Wheel, Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal, Monopoly Live, and Football Studio.
- Scratch Cards – Everyone loves an instant-win game, and scratch cards provide the perfect opportunity. Players can select a scratch card and click the button to reveal the outcome. Matching symbols typically award a prize. For example, matching three ‘€100’ symbols pays out a win of €100.
- Lotteries – Lottery games are common in all countries as well as at the best online casinos. These days, players can buy tickets to lotteries that were previously not accessible thanks to online gambling.
We could list casino games for hours since there are so many established games on the market. Creative game providers are always thinking up new and exciting games to add to the collection.
At SPCasinos, we strive to stay on top of the latest gaming developments. Our guides cover all games; from Spain’s Monte Bank to Asia’s beloved Dragon Tiger, Teen Patti, and Sic Bo games – and everything in between. Check out our game guides for full coverage!
The online gambling market is rife with appealing bonuses that players can benefit from to increase their bankrolls. Let’s have a look at some of the bonuses available at the best online casinos. Keep in mind that casino-specific bonuses may be a combination of these types of bonuses.
- No Deposit Bonus – No deposit bonuses are awarded without strings attached. The best online casinos offer no deposit bonuses to entice players to try out the site. You can expect any winnings that you accumulate while playing with a no deposit bonus to be capped at a certain value.
- Deposit Bonus – Casinos may add a bonus once a deposit has been made. Deposit bonuses are usually stated as match values. For example, a player that claims a 150% match deposit bonus will have a bankroll of €250 after depositing €100. In this example, the casino matched the player’s €100 deposit with a bonus of €150.
- Free Spins – The best online casinos frequently offer free spins on slot games. Players can open the slot game and play the spins without depleting their cash balance. Free spins are limited to a specific number of spins, so players should keep an eye on the free spins remaining.
- Welcome Bonus – Welcome bonuses are also referred to as Sign Up bonuses. New players are awarded bonus funds or free spins for registering an account with the best online casinos. These bonuses give players an opportunity to test new casinos.
- Cashback Bonus – Some of the best online casinos offer players cashback bonuses to mitigate their risk. If a player deposits a sum of money and has a bad run at the casino, the casino will give the player back a portion of the deposits to continue playing.
- No Wagering Bonus – Virtually all casino bonuses carry wagering requirements, even at the best online casinos. The wagering requirement is the number of times a bonus must be played through before players can withdraw their winnings.
If a bonus of €10 has a wagering requirement of 20, a player must place €200 worth of bets before cashing in. No wagering bonuses have zero playthrough requirements, which make them the cream of the crop of online casino bonuses.
The most common questions about the best online casinos
Are the best online casinos the same in every country?
The short answer is no. Due to the different gambling laws in every country, online casinos are limited in terms of making their sites available to players from all regions. SPCasinos reviews all the best online casinos and groups them into region-specific catalogues so that players can easily locate them.
What payment methods can I use to deposit and withdraw funds at online casinos?
The best online casinos support an array of reliable payment methods including debit cards, credit cards, direct transfers, web wallets, e-transfers, cryptocurrencies, vouchers, prepaid cards, and pay by phone. In many cases, the payment methods available to players will depend on the country they are playing from.
How do I know which deposit methods I can use?
To check the payment methods available to you at a particular online casino, use the live chat facility to ask a customer support agent; or visit the ‘Cashier’ or ‘Banking’ section of the casino.
How can I choose the best online casino?
The best online casinos won’t be the same for every player. At SPCasino.com, we test online casinos, categorise them into lists, and give them ratings based on several performance areas. Some players may prioritize payment methods, others may be after the best bonuses, while other players may prefer casinos with a bigger variety of live casino games.
To select the best online casino for you, we recommend you compare the ratings we give them while keeping in mind which areas of the casino are most important to you.
What games can I play at the best online casinos?
Video slots, classic slots. roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, craps, bingo, Live Casino Games, dual play games, Live Game Shows, scratch cards, table games, Lotteries, and much more.
How do I know if a casino is licensed?
You can view the license on the casino’s homepage. However, fraudulent casinos may display licences that aren’t valid. We recommend cross-referencing all casino licences with the official licensing authorities.
Is it safe to deposit at online casinos?
Yes. If you are playing at an online casino that is licensed by a trusted gambling authority, you can rest assured that your deposits are safe.
Are withdrawals instant from the best online casinos?
Usually not. Some online casinos may offer instant withdrawals for cryptocurrencies and e-wallets, but even instant transactions may take a few hours to reflect. Withdrawals will usually reach you within a few hours or a few days.
We list only the best casinos
Having the most relevant, comprehensive casino directory is our number one goal. This is why we take meticulous steps to ensure that only the most reliable, best online casinos make it onto our site. Online gambling platforms must pass our rigorous vetting checks outlined below:
- Licence: we investigate the casino’s licence to ensure that it is valid and obtained from a reputable gambling authority.
- Games: we analyse the games portfolio and test the games. Games must be stable, fair, and developed by trusted game providers. The games portfolio should include a well-rounded mix of popular slots and new releases.
- Payments: The casinos that make it onto our top lists offer reliable payment options for deposits and withdrawals. Payment timeframes must be reasonable and comply with industry standards.
- Bonuses: The best online casinos offer welcome bonuses to new players. They also regularly reward returning players for their loyalty. Players should be able to opt in and out of bonuses as they please.
- Terms and Conditions: We scrutinize the fine print to make sure that casinos don’t mislead players with ambiguous terminology or hidden clauses.
- Customer Service: According to us, customer support can make or break an online casino. Efficient customer service should be a top priority at the best online casinos so that fast resolution of queries and overall player satisfaction is guaranteed.
- User Experience: The layout of the casino should make it easy for players to navigate the site. The best online casinos are compatible with various devices including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. The site should be responsive and user-friendly.
License and Regulation
We can’t overstate the importance of appropriate licensing and regulations. An online casino’s licence should be the first thing that players check before depositing. There are many fraudulent sites out there that give the industry a poor reputation. However, scam gambling sites can be avoided completely when you do the proper research.
Online casinos that are licensed by respected organisations are monitored closely to safeguard players. These casinos are regularly audited by independent third parties. Auditors assess online casinos to ensure that they adhere to specific rules and commit to procedures. These rules, regulations, and procedures are enforced to protect players.
There are many benefits to playing at the best online casinos with valid licenses:
- The games are fair. Gambling authorities ensure that the games hosted by online casinos are fair, reliable, and stable. The games are regularly tested by testing agencies to confirm that they operate at the agreed payout levels and that the random number generators (RNGs) work correctly.
- Fast withdrawals. Licensed and regulated online casinos must prove that they are in a position to pay players their winnings in a reasonable timeframe. This prevents the casino from withholding withdrawals for unnecessary reasons.
- No illegal activity. Online casinos that are licensed are regularly audited to ensure that the casinos are free from criminal activity such as money laundering and cybercrime.
- Private and confidential. Authorities ensure that licensed casinos have leading protection mechanisms in place that protect players’ information. Online casinos must possess trusted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and make use of the latest encryption methods to keep financial transactions private.
- Resolution of queries. Players have a contact point that is separate from the online casino. If issues arise that cannot be resolved through the casino’s communication channels, players can report them to the authority that issued the licence for further investigation.
As you can see, licensing and regulation of online casinos secure players’ safety in many ways. If licensed online casinos fail to meet the requirements of the licensing authority, their licences may be revoked.
Different licensing authorities oversee and regulate the activities of online gambling platforms around the world. We pointed out several authorities such as the SGA, DGA, UKGC, and the MGA that regulate Sweden, Denmark, the United Kingdom, and Malta respectively. Many other reputable gambling regulators safeguard players’ rights and promote responsible gaming.
Some of the most well-known gambling authorities are:
- The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC): oversees iGaming and issues online gambling licences in Alderney
- The Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC): regulates gambling in Antigua and Barbuda
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA): regulates various industries and activities in Gibraltar including online gambling and issuing licences
- The Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC): highly trusted authority that governs online gaming and issues gambling licenses in Isle of Man, Western Europe
- Curaçao Gaming Control Board (GCB): regulates the casino industry in Curaçao to ensure compliance with legislation
- USA: The US has many gambling authorities that regulate the market in various states. These include the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, the Michigan Gaming Control Board, the Nevada Gaming Control Board, the State of New Jersey Casino Control Commission, and the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to name a few.
SPCasinos.com takes responsible gambling seriously. Playing at online casinos should be an enjoyable pastime that contributes positively to your life. As with any form of entertainment, the potential exists for players to develop problems with their gambling habits. This is why we support the best online casinos that offer resources to help players gamble responsibly.
The best online casinos listed on this site provide players with tools to manage their spending. Players can enable limits on their casino accounts such as time limits, deposit limits, spend limits, and loss limits. Online casinos will notify you when you reach your limit.
Players can implement cooling-off periods or request the online casino to exclude them for a while. Permanent self-exclusion is also an option. Many organisations help players who feel they may have gambling problems. Here are a few links to establishments that are capable of providing adequate assistance:
At SPCasino.com, we make it our mission to test hundreds of online gambling platforms every month and present the best online casinos in a user-friendly format. You don’t have to look further than this site for the latest bonuses, promotions, and the best online gambling sites. We continuously review our data to be sure that reviews and bonuses are up to date. Your journey to safe, fun, and rewarding gambling starts here!